Career Pursuit Information
The requiredments for this page are as follows:
Requirements For This Page
By now, you should have already created a resume. If not, you must do so. Once your resume is complete, transfer the information it contains into pdf format and present it here.
Letters of Recommendation
You should include at least three letters of recommendation; one of each kind described below. If you have not been employed in any way, then use three character-related letters.
- Employment-related: A letter from a past employer evaluating your work performance.
- Character-related: A letter from a person who has known you for more than one year and can testify to your personal and/or academic attributes.
Transcripts and Certificates
You should obtain copies of transcripts from colleges and universities. Transcripts that show completion of undergraduate work are certainly important, but not quite as essential as graduate transcripts. Prospective employers want to see evidence of graduate coursework that qualify the applicant for positions. Also, it is typical for employment offers to be tentative until submission and receipt of "official" transcripts.
Optional Key Items
You are free to include additional items you feel are important. Other things you might consider adding are as follows:
- Achievement Awards
- Letter or Certificate of Scholarships
- Letter or Certificate for Dean's List
- Letters of Congratulations
- Letters of Appreciation
- News or Announcements Featuring You
- Names of Memberships and/or Organizations
- Community Service and/or Service to the University